Frozen Fest makes winter fun
Jan 05, 2017 12:06PM ● Published by Today's Family
This annual family event has consistently drawn rave reviews and broken attendance records, and anticipates even more new faces this year, so organizers have added even more face painters and activities to the docket.
Pack up your family and friends and join in on Sunday, January 15, noon to 4 pm, for these FREE activities:
- "Winter princesses” and a famous "winter snowman"
- Performances in the lobby: 12:30-12:45 PM, 1:30-1:45 PM, 2:30-2:45 PM, 3:30-3:45 PM
- Meet-n-greets with the Siberian Husky Club of Greater Cleveland sled dogs
- Ornate face painting
- Prince/princess crown workshop
- Complimentary hot cocoa bar/cookies
- Ice carvings and demos by Elegant Ice Creations
- Animal habitat display and touch table
- Free snowshoeing (weather permitting)
- Explore a wigwam
- A Kid at Art mobile art bus
- Outdoor cooking demos by Boy Scout 102-Bainbridge
- Self-guided winter hike and Bird in the Hand activity
- Live music by Oak Island Skunk Jumpers
- Food for sale by the Hunger Squad food truck
- Nature-inspired art exhibit on display by the Geauga Senior Center painting classes
- Plus, outdoor games/activities and indoor make-n-take craft activities TBD
- The West Woods Nature Center is wheelchair accessible. Due to the popularity of this event, strollers should be left outside.
The parking lots are expected to fill quickly; overflow parking locations with free shuttles to the event are at ASM and Teague Plaza.
Geauga Park District can be found online at www.geaugaparkdistrict.org, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. With questions, please call 440-286-9516.