Lake Metroparks Spring Art Show
Feb 21, 2017 10:58AM, Published by Today's Family, Categories: Family Fun
Trees8 by Marilyn Beasley
March 11 through May 14 • 9 am to 5 pm
Trees grace our lives in so many ways—from the wood used to build our homes to providing shade, cleaning the air and more. Trees are also a work of art in themselves.
Discover the many ways local artists draw inspiration from trees and use wood to create both fine and functional art. This multimedia show also features the photography of members of the Western Reserve Photographic Society.
Meet the artists at the free opening reception on Saturday, March 11 from noon to 4 pm. Enjoy light refreshments and art demonstrations.
Artwork is available for sale. Proceeds from sales benefit Penitentiary Glen Nature Center. Admission is free. For more information about the Spring Art Show, visit http://bit.ly/LMspringart.
- Discover the sights and sounds of wildlife at the interactive Nature Calls exhibit.
- Watch and listen to birds and other wildlife through the Window on Wildlife.
- Visit the Kevin P. Clinton Wildlife Center, where injured or orphaned native Ohio wildlife including hawks, owls and a bald eagle are housed for rehabilitation and care. See our wildlife ambassadors in the Wildlife Center Yard.
- Hike more than 8.5 miles of scenic trails, discover the beautiful butterfly gardens or enjoy a leisurely picnic on the grounds of Penitentiary Glen Reservation.
- Browse our selection of unique gift items in The Nature Store including “fun” nature-related toys, educational items and rocks & minerals, books and field guides for adults and children, nature-inspired t-shirts, binoculars by VORTEX, and bird feeders and wildlife houses.