Celebrate Earth Day
Mar 21, 2017 02:06PM ● Published by Today's Family
- Air is the oxygen that plants give off and people and animals need to breathe
- Air is the carbon dioxide that people and animals exhale and plants need to survive
- Air is the thin atmosphere that covers the earth and allows for living things to survive
- When air flows through a tube it can make beautiful music
- When air gets hot, it rises
- When air is surrounded by soap, it makes bubbles
Join the fun as Lake Metroparks celebrates Earth Day between noon and 4 pm on Sunday, April 23 at Penitentiary Glen Reservation in Kirtland.
Find out what local conservation-focused organizations and agencies are doing, and how you can do your part, to protect and clean the air we breathe at the Eco-Fair. Browse locally made and eco-friendly merchandise for purchase at the Earth Day Marketplace. Other activities include:
- Take a walk along the "Air – It’s Everywhere!" trail and learn how important clean air is to us all
- Take a tree sapling home (1 per family)
- Meet native Ohio wildlife
- See farm animals from Farmpark
- Make a simple-to-make eco-friendly craft
- Listen to live music and hear stories told by Mother Nature
- Get trimmed at the Haircut-a-thon presented by Ladies & Gentleman Salon & Spa
- Ride the miniature trains provided by the Lake Shore Live Steamers between 1 and 3 pm, weather permitting
- Browse a selection of unique gift items in The Nature Store
- Pop, popcorn and other snacks available for purchase
The Nature Center and Wildlife Center are open 9 am to 5 pm. The Nature Store, open until 4:30 pm, is a great resource for “fun” nature-related toys, field guides for adults and children, nature-inspired t-shirts, binoculars by VORTEX, bird feeders and wildlife houses.
Penitentiary Glen Reservation is located at 8668 Kirtland-Chardon Rd. in Kirtland. The park features 424 acres of forest, fields, wetlands and 8.5 miles of hiking trails
For more info call 440-256-1404 or visit lakemetroparks.com.