Adventure Zone celebrating 20 years
May 22, 2017 12:37PM ● Published by Today's Family
“This is a positive family experience,” says owner Donniella Winchell. “It’s an affordable atmosphere where families will feel comfortable and safe.”
A short drive for all of Lake, Geauga, Ashtabula, and Eastern Cuyahoga counties, Adventure Zone lives up to its promise of being a “positive family experience.” On site, you’ll find a giant arcade, merry-go-round, Adventure Krawl, a kid’s play area, go-karts, miniature golf, batting cages, bungee trampoline, climbing and repelling walls, snack shop and dual urban zip line. New this year is The Drop.
The facility also features children and adult bicycle rental and surreys, open-bodied pedal bicycles that accommodate up to a family of five, and a pavilion that can seat up to 150 for family reunions and company outings or can be divided in smaller sections to accommodate birthday groups.
“We have a great property with a view of the lake and we wanted to use it,” says Winchell. “The state park’s bike path goes along the shoreline and in the evening, you can see a beautiful sunset.”
In addition to these activities, Adventure Zone hosts birthday parties and group outings such as Kids Fun Days, Toddler Fun Days and Parent-Teacher/Church Youth Group fundraisers. Adventure Zone caters to home-schooled children with their classes that teach about the history of Geneva-on-the-Lake and the history of the carousel. Each of these outings offers families and the community as a whole, the opportunity to take advantage of all that this entertainment center has to offer.
Winchell, her husband Larry, and their partner Don Woodward have owned the business for 20 years and it’s a family affair.
“My kids and grandkids all work here during the summer months,” says Winchell. “We also hire about 50 summer employees each year. This business is owned by a family that cares about families.”
For more information and pricing, visit www.adventurezonefun.com or call 440-466-3555.
Special Events at Adventure Zone
In addition to the great attractions and the huge arcade on site, all summer long, the Zone has planned a myriad of family friendly activities to mark this milestone. The schedule til the July 4th holiday:
- June 3 – Chalk the Walks: decorate walks & win prizes, 2–4 pm
- June 3 – Bookmobile: crafts and books, 1–4 pm
- June 4 – Face Painting: fun for all ages, 2–4 pm
- June 10 – Geneva Xtreme Cheer All Stars Demos: 2 pm & 4 pm
- June 11 Chalkbox Gymnastics Demos: 1 pm & 3 pm
- June 17 – AZ Family Reunion: open to all former AZ employees, their significant other and children: free hot dogs, chips and soda plus a round of golf good anytime during 2017 for all of our former employees. Come and reconnect with all those friendships made at the Zone. Please RSVP to 440-466-4447.
- June 18 – Father's Day: 2 cage tokens for all dads
- June 24 – Bike Decorating Contest: win prizes - judging at 1 pm, parade at 2 pm
- June 25 – Geneva Fire Safety House: meet hero fire fighters and learn fire safety rules
- July 1 & 2 Free Flags for kids: while supplies last
- �Krafting Wednesdays: June 14, 21, 28: 6–7:30 pm each Wednesday. A series of fun-filled crafting sessions [slime making, painting, jewelry and lots more] RESERVATIONS REQUIRED: Call 440-466-4447. $10 per person* includes a craft, hot dog, chips and beverage PLUS the choice of an Adventure Golf or Kids Krawl ticket good anytime during 2017. Gather a group of friends or make new ones. Limit of 12 reservations per session. (*ages 5 through 16)