Keep the kids engaged over winter break with Camp Curiosity at Great Lakes Science Center
Nov 13, 2017 02:49PM
All year long visitors are encouraged to stay curious, and now the GLSC is applying that inquisitive spirit to their science day camps, starting with this coming season's winter break sessions. Kicking off on Thursday, December 21, they have seven different themes over nine days for kids in kindergarten through eighth grade to choose from, featuring everything from LEGOs to chemistry, and forensics to robots!
All camps are separated by age, and curriculum content is tailored to the age group. Your camper can choose one day of adventure or multiple days for a STEM filled journey during their winter school break. Campers can experiment with chemical reactions, practice problem-solving with robots and LEGOs, solve a mystery, build a rocket, learn how bridges are made or explore the night sky in the STARLAB Planetarium!
This year's camps include:
- LEGO: Problem Solver -- Thursday, December 21
- Chemistry --Friday, December 22
- Forensics - Wednesday, December 27
- Rocketry - Thursday, December 28
- Everyday Engineer - Friday, December 29
- Robots - Tuesday, January 2
- Outer Space - Wednesday, January 3
- Chemistry - Thursday, January 4
- LEGO: Problem Solver - Friday, January 5
The Science Center has now switched to its fall/winter operating schedule which is Tuesday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., noon to 5 p.m. Sundays, and closed during all home Browns games.)