Five reasons not to miss Twilight at the Zoo
May 22, 2018 01:25PM
Photo by Dale McDonald Photography/ Cleveland Zoological Society.
Twilight at the Zoo presented by KeyBank is growing old … generously. Twilight is the Cleveland Zoological Society’s biggest fundraiser, with a portion of ticket sales going to support Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.
The night is a true celebration of Cleveland’s vibrant music scene, with more than 15 bands playing on separate stages throughout the Zoo. From one of the area’s hottest DJs to country favorites and Disco Inferno closing down the house, Twilight has a band for every taste. More than 7,000 music lovers come each year, and this summer marks the event’s 25th anniversary! Over those 25 years, Twilight has raised more than $11 million in support of the Zoo.
This anniversary year will feature a commemorative T-shirt designed by GV Art + Design in Lakewood, an exciting VIP pre-party and the inclusion of Asian Highlands, the Zoo’s new habitat for red panda, snow leopard and more.
Tickets are on sale now, and plans are well underway. Here are the top five reasons (although there are many more) you won’t want to miss out on coming to Twilight at the Zoo:
1. See old favorites: Many of the bands that play at Twilight donate their time. Two bands have played Twilight for 25 years in a row: Blues and rock master Armstrong Bearcat, and oldies and funk band Joe Bell and the Swing Lizards. Be sure to swing by for a few songs each from these Twilight veterans.
2. Meet new people: Couples who met or got engaged at Twilight are legendary, as are friends who have been coming for 25 years. The event is a great way to meet new music (or animal) lovers or enjoy a night out with old friends.
3. See the Zoo – without kids!: Twilight is 21 and older, so it is a unique chance to visit the Zoo without little ones. Be sure to wander through Rosebrough Tiger Passage for a glimpse at the Amur tigers, and stop by Asian Highlands, the Zoo’s newest habitat opening this summer.
4. Snap a selfie: Because what’s a music festival without a few lasting social media memories? Share your photos with #wildaboutCLE for a chance to be featured in Zoo Society media.
5. Enjoy a member perk: Zoo Society members receive a discount on general admission tickets in June. Buy early and save!
Twilight at the Zoo
WHEN: Friday, August, 3, 2018, VIP starts at 6 pm; gates open for general admission at 7 pm
WHERE: Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, 3900 Wildlife Way, Cleveland
TICKETS: General admission: $75 June; $85 July and August; block of 10 tickets $750. VIP tickets: $150; block of 10 tickets $1,400. Members receive $5 off general admission in June only.
Go to ClevelandZooSociety.org/Twilight for more info and to purchase tickets. Follow Cleveland Zoological Society on Facebook, too, for updates and news.