Sensational Spring Flavors
Mar 21, 2016 04:31AM
By Family Features
(Family Features) Between blossoming flowers and warmer temperatures, there are plenty of reasons to spend more time outside. Brighten up your spring family gatherings with the sweet flavors of the season. You can prepare a delicious brunch for your family or bring a fun dessert to your next gathering without having to take away any of your time enjoying the outdoors.
Spring is also the perfect time to introduce new twists on classic desserts that will impress your loved ones. Dessert combinations, like a classic cheesecake laced with sweet cherries on a buttery chocolate chip cookie crust or a brunch-perfect cinnamon French toast with your favorite features of an apple fritter, are sure to be the talk of your family’s table.
No matter the occasion, great-tasting Lucky Leaf Premium Fruit Filling and Topping is sure to deliver. With more fruit and many options to choose from, such as apple, cherry, lemon or blueberry, you can add better flavors to your recipes. The premium line contains no high-fructose corn syrup, so you can feel good about whipping up something special for your family.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cherry Cheesecake Pie
- 1 roll (16.5 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) Lucky Leaf Regular or Premium Cherry Fruit Filling, divided
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Press cookie dough evenly into bottom and sides of deep dish (2-inches deep) 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 12 minutes. Cool completely. While crust is cooling, prepare filling.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in 1 can of cherry fruit filling. Pour filling into cooled crust.
- Bake 55-70 minutes, or until filling is set and golden brown.
- Cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with remaining can of cherry fruit filling.
Overnight Apple Fritter French Toast Casserole
- 1 package (24 ounces) thick-sliced cinnamon bread, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) Lucky Leaf Apple Premium Fruit Filling and Topping
- 9 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Grease 9-by-9-inch baking dish.
- Cube cinnamon bread and add half to prepared baking dish. Add fruit filling over bread. Cover fruit filling with rest of bread cubes.
- In bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half and cinnamon. Pour evenly over bread.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Uncover and bake for 45-55 minutes. If it starts to brown too much, tent aluminum foil over casserole.
- Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon milk, adding more as needed to make pourable glaze. Drizzle glaze over casserole just before serving.