Brazilian Grilling with Medal-Worthy Skewers
Jul 26, 2016 04:31AM
By Family Features
With all eyes on Brazil this summer, what better way to celebrate the games than to recreate the flavors of the host country? Create your own backyard Brazilian barbecue with traditional meat skewers that pack a bold flavor punch.
“Skewers are an easy food to serve friends and family during a Rio-themed viewing party,” said McCormick Executive Chef Kevan Vetter. “A Brazilian marinade pairs great with steak or pork, so grill up both and let guests choose their own meat and complementary sauce. My favorite is a red chimichurri, which gets fiery flavor from smoked paprika, crushed red pepper and jalapeno.”
Brazilian Meat Skewers
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 package McCormick Grill Mates Brazilian Steakhouse Marinade
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound boneless New York strip steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Mix Marinade Mix, oil, water and vinegar in small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons for brushing. Place pork and steak into separate large resealable plastic bags or glass dishes. Divide remaining marinade evenly among pork and steak; turn to coat well.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove both meats from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Thread pork and steak onto skewers.
- Grill skewers over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is to desired doneness, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved marinade.
Kitchen Tip: If using wooden skewers, soak thoroughly in water for at least 30 minutes before threading with meat. This prevents them from burning when on the grill.
Red Chimichurri Sauce
Prep time: 10 minutes
Servings: 12 (2 tablespoons each)
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed and cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Crushed Red Pepper
- Place all ingredients in food processor or blender; cover. Process just until finely chopped.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.