Eagle Zip Adventure Ride at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
What is the Eagle Zip Adventure Ride?
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to fly like an eagle? Ride the Eagle Zip Adventure Ride and find out. On this tandem zip ride, guests board on the ride platform next to Wade Hall. Once seated and strapped in they are pulled backwards over Waterfowl Lake and up to a tower that rises 150 feet above the Zoo where riders can see all the way to downtown Cleveland. After pausing at the top for a moment, riders are released for a thrilling 35 mile an hour zip ride back down to the starting platform. You’ll feel like an eagle soaring through the air on this exhilarating ride.
How many zip lines are there?
There are two lines that can be operated simultaneously. Tower #1 is 701’ long and Tower #2 is 739’ long.
How long is the ride?
Ride times may vary but the average time from loading to unloading is five minutes.
How fast is the ride?
When being pulled up to the tower, the cart moves at 20 mph. On the descent back to the loading platform, you will reach speeds up to 35 mph before automatically slowing down.
What are the requirements to ride?
- Minimum rider height is 42”.
- Riders between 42” – 47” tall must ride with a paying adult.
- Riders 48” or taller may ride alone.
- Maximum weight is 300 lbs. for a single rider and 450 lbs. for two riders. Riders will be weighed prior to boarding.
- Riders must not have an impairment which prevents a normal seating position or use of the safety restraints.
Can I purchase a souvenir picture of my ride?
A camera provided by Kool Replay is mounted on the ride cart and will automatically capture your experience. Once the ride is over, you can scan the QR Code provided to access your free preview or purchase to get the full content.
- Photo: $8.00
- Video: $12.00
- Combo: $15.00
- Cameras cannot be disabled by the ride attendants.
What are the hours of the ride?
- 10:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. daily and during special events
- April 1 – December 31 (weather permitting)
- Ride cannot operate during thunder and lightning storms, rainstorms, snowstorms, and winds exceeding 33 mph.
How much does it cost to ride?
- $8.00 for Cleveland Zoological Society Members.
- $9.00 for the general public.
Visit www.clevelandmetroparks.com/zoo for more info.