Mentor Public Library patrons can get more with My Library Rewards
Sep 12, 2016 11:50AM
● By Today's Family
If free books weren’t enough, using your Mentor Public Library card just became a better bargain.
As of September 12, MPL patrons can earn discounts on food, recreation, gym memberships, and more by checking out books, videos and other items from the library.
Here’s how it works:
- Using their library card number, patrons can sign up with MyLibraryRewards.com. Registration is free.
- Then, whenever that patron checks out an item from Mentor Public Library—be it a book, video game, or movie—they will receive 10 points. Patrons can earn up to 100 points each week
- Next, the patron can “spend” those points to receive discounts and even free services at local businesses.
Mentor Public Library has already teamed with nearly 40 local organizations and businesses that are offering more than 60 different deals that MPL patrons can receive.
Those deals include:
- For 200 points, patrons can get a free movie ticket when they buy one at regular price at Atlas Cinemas (both at Great Lakes Mall and Diamond Centre locations.)
- For 300 points, library patrons can get a free 1-week family pass from Lake County YMCA.
- Also for 300 points, a patron can get $10 off a ticket to any Fine Arts Association production for the 2016-2017 season (except for holiday productions.)
Patrons can also earn discounts on oil changes for their cars, art classes, personal trainers, frozen yogurt, tandem skydiving, gym memberships, cooking classes, pizza, pedicures, candle making, yoga, computer repairs, guitar lessons, cosmic bowling, karate classes and more.
For a full list of deals, visit MyLibraryRewards.com and enter Mentor’s zip code, 44060, in the search bar.
Patrons can claim the deals online or by using the MyLibraryRewards app, which is free from Google Play and the Apple App Store.
My Library Rewards is an Indiana-based company that helps libraries and local businesses work together to provide even more value to library patrons. Thousands of library users across the country have already signed up for My Library Rewards. However, Mentor Public Library is its first partner library in Ohio.
For more information on MPL and My Library Rewards, visit www.mentorpl.org/mylibraryrewards. Businesses or organizations that would like to partner with Mentor Public Library and My Library Rewards can email MPL’s Community Outreach Coordinator Jason Lea at [email protected].