Five gift ideas for the zoo lover on your list
Nov 20, 2017 03:51PM
If you're looking for great giving ideas for the animal lover on your list, look no further. The Cleveland Zoological Society suggests these five easy ways to give a gift that also gives back. A portion of each of these purchases goes to support animal care and educational programing at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, and vital international conservation work to secure a future for wildlife around the globe.
So, before the snow falls, click ClevelandZooSociety.org/holiday and cross a few people off your nice list!
- Zoo Membership: The gift of a Zoo membership lasts an entire year! The lucky Zoo member will be one of the first to explore Asian Highlands, the Zoo’s new habitat for Amur leopard, red panda, snow leopard, and takin – opening in summer 2018! Plus, this gift supports the Zoo’s mission and helps secure a future for wildlife. Purchase your membership gift online and receive a printable gift certificate immediately by email. The new Zoo member can redeem it at any time!
- Adopt an Animal: Who wouldn’t love an adorable red panda or snow leopard plush? This symbolic adoption makes a wonderful gift, whether it's a fun package with a plush and more, or a "green" all-digital package that come to the recipient's email with a downloadable animal fact sheet and photo. (The digital option is perfect for long-distance giving.)
- ZooFund Donations are a meaningful gift for grandparents, teachers or anyone who believes giving to a charity is the best gift. They will appreciate knowing a donation was made in their honor to an organization that supports wildlife conservation.
- Zoo tickets to see Santa or attend Noon Year’s Eve: “Experience” gifts are perfect for kids who have everything. Purchase a Zoo membership for your favorite family, or buy individual Zoo tickets and bring them down for pictures with Santa in December or the very popular Noon Year’s Eve celebration on December 31. For more about December Zoo events, visit ClevelandMetroparks.com/Zoo.
- The Zoo Gift Shop has a selection of gifts that make terrific presents and also support a variety of artisans who create sustainable products around the globe. From rhino ornaments made from recycled materials to mugs printed with 100% solar energy, stop by and find unique gifts for everyone on your list. Members receive a 10% discount, too!
- Cleveland Zoological Society is the nonprofit partner of Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. Members receive free entrance to the Zoo and RainForest 363 days a year, plus other benefits. Read more about them at ClevelandZooSociety.org.