Local support to help you quit smoking!
Lake-Geauga Recovery Centers knows that it may take many tries before you're able to quit for good, but we also know that it can be done! Currently, there are more former smokers than current smokers in the United States! Even so, tobacco use is still the leading cause of preventable death and disease, claiming more than half a million lives each year. In Ohio alone, tobacco use claims the lives of around 20,000 individuals each year –– which can correlate to 52 lives lost each day.
Quitting can be a challenge, but you can now find LOCAL support for your quit journey –– where and when you need it! This year, make a New Year's resolution to quit smoking for good by contacting Lake-Geauga Recovery Centers.
Lake-Geauga Recovery Centers (LGRC) is a leader in the fight against tobacco use in Lake and Geauga counties! We work with various community partners to prevent tobacco use and protect people from second-hand smoke by facilitating policy change and youth education. We also provide one-on-one tobacco cessation counseling services. Unlike other cessation programs, LGRC offers a one-on-one, judgment-free experience, supporting you. You will start your tobacco-free journey by meeting with an independently licensed counselor who will guide your journey by creating a personalized plan, helping you every step of the way. At Lake-Geauga Recovery Centers, we strive "to promote lifelong recovery from addiction through education, prevention, and treatment regardless of ability to pay."
The steps in your plan will include the following:
- Picking a quit date. (Choose a date only a week or two away and highlight that day in your calendar or phone.)
- Telling loved ones and friends that you're quitting. (Let them know how they can help you quit.)
- Your list of reasons to quit.
- Rid cigarettes and anything that reminds you of smoking.
- Categorize feelings, places, and situations that make you want to smoke. (It's easier to avoid them if you've identified them!)
- Stress reduction strategies.
- Healthy approaches to fight cravings.
- Resources, support, and/or coordination of a nicotine replacement therapy.
We understand the burden of COVID-19, and quitting tobacco may be the last thing on your mind. There is no better time than the present because the health benefits of quitting begin in the first hour and increase as time passes on. Start 2021 on a positive note by giving us a call today at (440) 255-0678!
Or, you can call the Ohio Tobacco Quit Line –– another great resource to accompany your journey! 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)