The Fine Arts Association presents "The Jungle Book"
The Fine Arts Association presents The Jungle Book by Joseph Robinette as its first full-length theater production of 2023. Based on the book by Rudyard Kipling, this enduring classic opens on February 10 and runs through February 26, 2023.
One of literature's most admired classics is brought vividly to the stage in this exciting adventure of Mowgli, the Indian boy, raised by caring wolves, befriended by Bagheera the panther and Baloo the bear, and threatened by Shere Kahn, the evil tiger. Also present are an array of other jungle creatures who inhabit this action-filled production. Interspersed with the Mowgli tale is the equally intriguing story of a young Rudyard Kipling, who is sent from his home in Bombay to a British boarding school where he encounters his own “jungle,” including people—both good and otherwise—who parallel many of the animal characters he created.
“This story of a young boy finding adventure and friendship while searching for his place in the world is timeless and unforgettable,” says David Malinowski, The Roger and Anne Clapp Chair of Performing Arts.
• February 10, 17 & 24 @ 7:30 p.m.
• February 11, 12, 18, 19, 25 & 26 @ 2:00 p.m.
• February 26 @ 2:00 p.m. – Sign interpreted for the hearing impaired.
(not including processing fees)
• Child: 10 years and younger - $12
• Student: 11–18 years - $17
• Senior: 60 and older - $17
• Adult: $19
• 90 minutes plus one 10-minute intermission.
• Rated G
• The Corning Auditorium is barrier free. Free on-site parking available.
• Visit www.fineartsassociation.org/performance to purchase tickets.